This delicious recipe from Nutra Organics is a winner with both kids and adults. It is a great snack option, as it really hits that sweet spot but still offers some good nutrition.
Popcorn itself is a great source of fibre which helps to keep you regular and regulate blood sugar spikes. Coconut oil and peanut butter both contain healthy fats which help to keep you feeling satisfied for longer. Peanut butter also provides a source of protein.
We’ve also included the Nutra Organics Choc Whiz Powder which provides some chocolatey goodness and a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and whole bunch of other healthy yumminess.
This recipe makes enough for about 6 people. We recommend a serving size of about 2 cups per person. This serving size is a good balance of being conscientious (it is a decadent treat after all) but also real… because let’s be honest, who only has a few pieces of popcorn and then stops?! When you’re in, you’re in!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 heaped dessert spoons of Nutra Organics Choc Whiz Powder
- 2/3 cup Popping Corn
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Make the popcorn according to packet instructions and then place in a bowl.
- Melt peanut butter on a gentle heat, then pour into a bowl along with maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Add the Choc Whiz Powder and stir through to combine and make the snickers sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the popcorn and stir through to ensure all the popcorn is covered. Pour out onto a baking tray and place on the bottom rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it as it can burn easily.
- Remove from the oven and let cool and harden on the tray. Transfer into an airtight container...or eat all at once!